If you have ever wondered how to prepare beets easily, this article is for you. We created a slate of recipes to prepare the humble but ever-so-versatile beet. These globally inspired flavors feature three different cooking techniques, aimed at year-round beet enjoyment.
One Beet, Many Ways
No hard and fast quantities here. Keep it loose and be creative with these flavor suggestions.
Get inspired by this mash-up of flavors common in many Asian countries: Add miso paste, Sriracha chili sauce, and fresh ginger.
Try a garlic-dill take: Add fresh minced garlic and dry dill weed.
Go Cajun-style: Simply add Cajun seasoning and salt.
For beet mash
· Boil unpeeled golden beets and potatoes, removing the skins after they’ve cooled.
· Warm milk of your choice and salted butter in a separate pot along with your choice of seasonings.
· Mash everything together until smooth!
For beet CHIPS
· Wash unpeeled beets and thinly slice them with a mandolin.
· Toss them in oil, salt, and your choice of seasonings to taste. Let them stand at room temp for 30 minutes. Drain.
· Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven until they are mostly crisp. Note that they will crisp more as they cool.
For Grilled Beets
· Wash unpeeled beets and slice into 1/2-inch rounds.
· Toss them with oil and your favorite flavors. Let them stand at room temp for 30 minutes.
· Cook on a preheated 400-degree grill, turning frequently, until slightly caramelized.